A PGA Tournament Preview 2020 Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands.
When: June 25-28, 2020
Where: TPC River Highlands – Cromwell, CT
TV: CBS & Golf Network
TPC River Highlands
Designer: Robert J. Ross and Maurice Kearney (1928)
Pete Dye (1982)
Bobby Weed (1989)
Course Record: Jim Furyk (58 -2016)
Player Field: 156 Players
Purse: $7.4 Million
Winner’s Share: $1.332 Million
FedExCup Points: 500 To Winner
2019: Chez Reavie -17
2018: Bubba Watson -17
2017: Jordan Spieth -12
PGA Travelers Championship Preview – 3 Players To Watch
Chez Reavie – The defending champion finished last year’s tournament at -17. This was a solid four shots better than Keegan Bradley (67) and Zack Sucher (67). Reavie was hot entering in last year’s tournament as he had tied for third the week before at the U.S. Open. He continued strongly with Travelers Championship scores of 65-66-63-69 in securing the victory.
The friendly confines of TPC River Highlands will be a much needed boost for Chez. Yesterday, he hit 6 of 18 greens in regulation during his final round at the RBC Heritage. It was a lackluster effort as Chez finished at 2 under for the tournament which was good for 74th place.
Bubba Watson – After shooting 2-over 73 and playing himself out of the tournament, Bubba Watson didn’t have much to celebrate Saturday at the RBC Heritage.
He did, however, have reason to shell-ebrate.
Watson avoided a bizarre rules decision after hitting his tee shot into a greenside bunker at Harbour Town’s par-3 17th hole and discovering a small crab under his ball. Just as PGA Tour rules official Slugger White arrived on the scene, the crustacean decided to avoid any further issues, crawling out from under Watson’s ball and flipping over on its back in the sand nearby.
Able to play the ball, Watson didn’t need a ruling. But still, the situation provided plenty of great commentary.
We know that Bubba can play better but we need to take him seriously any time he steps onto the course at TPC River Highlands. He has won this tournament 3 times already. (2010, 2015, 2018)
Bryson DeChambeau – DeChamBeau has not won an event in 18 months but has looked good recently. He seems be to be finding his groove as he has finished in the top-10 in 5 straight events. His added muscle has increased his swing speed and added fantastic distance off the tee. He’s a sleeper pick among many experts as many of DeChamBeau’s opponents have been impressed with his recent transformation.
TPC River Highlands Facts & Fantasy Golf Predictions
PGA Tournament Preview Facts
- Since its inception in 1952, Connecticut’s PGA TOUR event has donated more than $42 million to charities in the surrounding community.
- This course is just 10 short miles south of Hartford.
- Go ahead and create a “Private” friends and family PGA Travelers tournament on StatementGames! If anyone within your private group can go 10 for 10 with your Fantasy Golf picks, we will send the “Contest Creator” $500! To be eligible, you must fill your contest with at least 12 players. You must also submit your StatementGames username in the comment box below along with your #10 pick.
- For additional golf coverage be sure to check out our friends at the DailySportsBuddy!
StatementGames Fantasy Golf Picks
- Overall Tournament Winner OVER -17.5
- Cameron Smith VS Chez Reavie (Chez Reavie Wins)
- Phil Mickelson WILL NOT MAKE The Cut
Write a comment below that includes your username and your top StatementGames Travelers pick and if you go 10 for 10 – we will send you $500!