A PGA Tournament Preview 2020 Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial CC.
When: June 11-14,2020
Where: Colonial Golf Course, Fort Worth, TX
TV: CBS & Golf Network
Colonial Golf Course
2019: Kevin Na -13
2018: Justin Rose -20
2017: Kevin Kisner -10
PGA Charles Schwab Challenge Tournament Preview – 3 Players To Watch
Kevin Na – There has not been back to back winners at Colonial since 1953. It has been 67 years since PGA HOF Ben Hogan won in consecutive seasons at the course. That is saying something because tournaments at Colonial have produced winners from the biggest names in the sport. Arnold Palmer, Lee Trevino, Jack Nicklaus & Phil Mickelson have won but never two in a row at this legendary course.
Last years champion finished the tournament at -13. Kevin Na had 17 birdies, 1 eagle and hit 78% of greens in regulation on his road to victory. He defeated Tony Finau by 4 strokes. Looking forward to seeing if he can be the 1st back to back Colonial winner since 1953.
Jordan Spieth – Jordan has not won on tour since the 2017 Open Championship. However, Colonial is the perfect setup for the three time major champion. The tighter course at Colonial will not emphasize power off the tee as much as it does an accurate approach game and good putting. The question marks around Spieth will center on the fact the he has finished T55 or worse in four of five 2020 starts.
Phil Mickelson – He is the latest commitment to the Colonial’s field as he joined the list this past Friday. Mickelson has won the tournament twice (2000 and 2008), but he has only played the event twice since his 2008 victory, in 2010 and 2017. Lefty is getting up their in age but has some magic left to at least make the cut in the return of the PGA.
Colonial Golf Course Facts & Fantasy Golf Predictions
PGA Tournament Preview Facts
- During the 2019 Charles Schwab Challenge the field was able to put up 12 Par 5 Eagles.
- The Charles Schwab Challenge is one of only five tournaments given “invitational” status by the PGA Tour, and consequently it has a reduced field of approximately 120 players (as opposed to most full-field open tournaments with a field of 144 or 156 players).
- If you go 10 for 10 with your “StatementGames” Fantasy Golf picks – the company will provide you with a 2020 Callaway Driver of your choice. (You pick the model. To be eligible, you submit your StatementGames username in the comment box below along with your #10 pick)
StatementGames Fantasy Golf Picks
- Jordan Spieth OVER 12.5 Tournament Birdies
- Phil Mickelson UNDER Top 30 Finish
- Overall Tournament Winner UNDER -12.5