Friday GM 1 – Subway Series Preview – At Yankee Stadium
For game 1 of the 2018 Subway Series taking place at Yankee Stadium – lets take a look at the standings. The New York Yankees are 62-33 and 4 1/2 games back in the AL East. This week, the cross-town rival New York Mets (39-55) come to town to wrap up the annual Subway Series. Just before the All-Star break, the Yankees split a four game set against the Cleveland Indians to finish their 11 game road trip; the Bombers went 6-5 over that span. As the second half of baseball kicks off, here are six things to look for this week at Yankee Stadium.
2018 Subway Series – 4 Things To Watch For Game 1
- NY Mets Starting Pitching – Noah Syndergaard gets the ball for game one. Is Syndergarrd the girl with the curl that is capable of shutting any team down or is he the devil in disguise?
- NY Yankees Starting Pitching – Domingo German takes the mound for game 1. German has flashed signs of life, but raised his ERA to a lowly 5.49 after allowing 6 earned runs in only 4IP in his last start against the Cleveland Indians. Lets see if he rebounds.
- Gleyber Torres & Gary Sanchez Return – Do these two budding stars get back into the swing of things for game 1?
- Can Greg Bird Stay Hot? – Since July 11th, Bird has been hitting .273 with a crazy 1.053 OPS. He responded to his critics by crushing 3 home runs—including a grand slam—over that time.
Subway Series Fantasy Baseball Picks – Game 1
www.statementgames.com offers a new form of Fantasy Baseball. FREE 2 Play and the 1-minute overview video will give you a better understanding of how to make baseball prop picks and compete in leagues with other MLB fans. For this MLB Game – key in on:
- Noah Syndergaard WILL HAVE OVER 6.5 K’s
- Didi Gregorius + Giancarlo Stanton WILL HAVE OVER 1.5 RBI
- Domingo German UNDER 6.5 IP
- New York Yankees Relief Pitchers OVER 3.0 IP