An NFL Game Day Preview between the Cleveland Browns Vs Pittsburgh Steelers – NFL Playoffs | NFL Wild Card Weekend 2021.
When: 8:15 PM EST, January 10, 2021
Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
Point Spread: Steelers -6.5
OVER/UNDER Game Total: 47.5
Road Record: 5-3
Home Record: 7-1
Cleveland Browns Vs Pittsburgh Steelers Game Day Preview
The Cleveland Browns back in the NFL Playoff Tournament for the first time since 2002. By appearing in 2021 Wild Card weekend they are are snapping the NFL’s longest postseason drought.
The Steelers started the season 11-0 before loosing three straight to Washington, Buffalo Bills, and the Cincinnati Bengals. Steelers Nation needed a comeback WIN in week 16 at Home against the Colts to get back on track. After resting core players in Cleveland last week… let this playoff battle begin!
Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski, two members of the coaching staff, and two players have tested positive for COVID-19 and will not be available for the AFC wild-card game. Special-teams coordinator Mike Priefer will serve as the acting head coach while OC Alex Van Pelt will call the offensive plays.
Lot of other injuries with the Browns but we feel none are bigger than the DE Olivier Vernon ruptured Achilles. This injury will likely be the end of Vernon’s stint in Cleveland and possibly his career.
Vernon was coming on strong with 9 sacks on the year and 26 QB pressures since week 10. The combo of Vernon and Myles Garrett Vs the passing attack of Big Ben would have been fun.
Come’on football God’s! Browns fans have waited for almost 20 years for that coveted playoff invitation and now your removing the laces from their dancing shoes.
It feels like an eternity since the Steelers were parading their way to an unbeaten season. They’ve lost four of their last five. It just feels like a trap getting behind the Steelers based on the past 5 weeks. However, lets consider the following points:
- Pittsburgh has owned Cleveland. 8-2 in last 10 games. Last weeks loss was a meaningless game for the Steelers.
- The Browns are vulnerable to deep passes — 15 touchdowns on throws of 15-plus yards. (Tied For Last). Sure, Roethlisberger has struggled getting the ball down field this year but need to trust the vets experience.
- Steelers’ defense led the NFL with 325 pass pressures; no other team had more than 300. T.J. Watt led the NFL with 77 pressures. No other defender had more than 65.
Browns Vs Steelers Facts
- Browns are 19-41-1 ATS in their last 61 games as an underdog.
- Cleveland is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game. (192 Rushing Yards Last Week)
- Steelers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game. (Gave up 192 Rushing Yards Last Week)
According to Vegas-Odds the odds of Cleveland Winning the Super Bowl is +5000 while Pittsburgh is +2200
Cleveland Browns Vs Pittsburgh Steelers Alternative Fantasy Football-Statement Games Picks
Browns 23 Steelers 26
- 10 PT Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers UNDER 25.5 PTS
- 9 PT Pick: Ben Roethlisbeger UNDER 270.5 Yards Passing
- 8 PT Pick: Total PTS UNDER 46.5