A PGA Tournament Preview of the 2020 WGC-FedEX St. Jude Invitational at TPC Southwind.
When: July 30 – August 2, 2020
Where: TPC Southwind – Memphis, TN
TV: Golf Network – (Thursday & Friday) 2 PM – 7 PM ET
(Saturday) 12 PM – 2 PM ET
(Sunday) 1 PM – 3 PM ET
CBS – (Saturday) 2 PM – 6 PM ET
(Sunday) 3PM – 7 PM ET
Designer: Ron Prichard (1988)
Course Record: Jay Delsing (61 -1993)
Player Field: 78 Players (No Cuts)
Purse: $$10,500,000 Million
Winner’s Share: $1.745 Million
FedExCup Points: 550 To Winner
2019: Brooks Koepka -16
* Previous to hosting the WGC-FedEX St. Jude Invitational, TPC Southwind was the host course for the St. Jude Classic. All of the “history” prior to 2019 for this tournament is actually from the WGC Bridgestone Invitational, which was played at Firestone CC.
WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational – 3 Players To Watch
Brooks Koepka – The PGA tournaments are getting bigger with the 1st major just a week away. Now is the time for players to be in form but in the case of Brooks Koepka, he is struggling to play on the weekend.
The four-time major winner looked miserable this past Friday — tossing clubs, working on his knee and playing bad golf. He did make a 38-foot birdie putt on day 2 of the 3M Open and still finished nearly last in putting for the week. The missed cut at the 3M was his second missed cut in his last three events. There are some issues Brooks needs to work out before the PGA Championship and we are not sure if playing more golf at the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational will solve such issues. Let’s keep an eye on the defending champion.
Viktor Hovland – We just feel that Viktor will be the next big PGA super-star. Despite his lack of wins, Vik has been the most consistent player since the PGA restart. He’s first in this field in ball striking, approach and opportunities gained. Of course his stardom will depend on his ability to develop the putter. From a ball striking perspective, he is on a level that compares to any elite PGA Tour player.
Rory McIlroy – How does Rory responds now that Jon Rahm has surpassed him as the #1 ranked PGA player in the world? He is just the third player in PGA history to spend at least 100 weeks at the #1 spot. Also, Rory has not had a top 10 finish since the PGA Tour returned to play in June. Could the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational be the turning point McIlroy needs to take the top spot back from Rahm? That could be a tough proposition, considering the only player besides McIlroy (who tied for fourth) with a low-round score of 62 at last year’s event was Rahm.
PGA TPC Southwind – WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational & Fantasy Golf Predictions
PGA Tournament Preview Facts
- Since the 2004 course overhaul, more than 5,000 balls have taken a dip the water. That’s the most water balls of any course and almost 1,500 more than second-place TPC Sawgrass.
- Most of the wetness will be absorbed by holes 12 and 18. No. 12 has seen more than 850 balls get wet.
StatementGames Fantasy Golf Picks
- Neither Jon Rahm Or Rory Mcllroy WILL HAVE Top 5 Finish
- Cameron Champ VS Viktor Hovland (Viktor Hovland Wins)
- Rory Mcllroy VS Patrick Reed (Patrick Reed Wins)