A StatementGames Blog Race Day Preview 2020 Belmont States Elmont, New York.
When: June 20, 2020
Where: Belmont Park – Elmont, NY
Coverage Start Time: 2:45 PM EST
Belmont Stakes Post Time: Approximately 5:42 PM EST
The 152nd Running Of The Belmont Stakes
Distance: 1 1/18 Mile
Prize Pool Payout: $1,000,000
1st Place = $535,000
2nd Place = $200,000
3rd Place = $110,000
4th Place = $60,000
5th Place = $30,000
2019: Sr. Winston
Belmont Stakes Race Day Preview – 3 Things To Watch & Consider
This Is Different – The Kentucky Derby is traditionally the 1st leg of Horse Racing’s Triple crown. It is held on the 1st Saturday of May but given the countries recent shutdown, it was postponed until September 5th. The second leg, the Preakness Stakes, has been rescheduled for October 3rd. As a result, this is first time the three Triple Crown races will start with the Belmont Stakes. The three race series has not deviated from its traditional order since 1931. This is the first time that Belmont will be the opening leg of the Triple Crown.
Tiz The Law Near Miss – As far as top horse racing trainer Barclay Tagg was concerned, the post position draw for Saturday’s race was a near miss. The New York-bred early line favorite “Tiz the Law” drew Post No. 8 which is just outside of where the trainer wanted him to break. “I like five or six or seven,” Tagg said after the Wednesday position draw at Belmont Park. “I got eight. It could have been worse.”
Quick Turnaround For Sole Volante – Sole Volante is in post position #2 and has an early line of 9-2. This beauty just raced on the 10th of June finishing 1st in an allowance race at Gulfstream Park. We feel that this is too quick of the turnaround, but trainer Patrick Biancone feels his 3 year old is ready!
Andie Bianconne, daughter of the trainer is on record of saying “He was just so fresh, so happy, we couldn’t not go. He’s a closer. There’s a lot of speed in the race. Hopefully, he can just sit back comfortably and pick his route from there.”
Belmont Stakes Facts & Fantasy Sports (Horse Racing) Predictions
Belmont Stakes Facts
- The Belmont has generally been run at 1 1/2 miles, one full lap of the massive oval known as “Big Sandy,” since 1926. In 2020, as a result of the race being held as the first leg of the Triple Crown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was shortened to 1 1/8 miles.
- The Belmont Stakes, known as the “Test of the Champion,” is the oldest of the three American classic races.
- The Belmont was first run in 1867 at Jerome Park in the Bronx, which was built by stock market speculator Leonard Jerome and financed by August Belmont Sr., for whom the race was named.
Belmont Day Fantasy Sports / Horse Racing Predictions
- Joel Rosario Will WIN OVER 2 Races – Joel is a stud and will be riding in 10 of the 12 races on Belmont Day.
- Sole Volante WILL Finish In 1st, 2nd, 3rd Or 4th Place
- Belmont Stakes WINNING Horse Will Post A Time OVER 1.47 Minutes